Installing Driving Lights on Ford Ranger without Bull Bar or Nudge Bar
Mounting Driving Lights without Bull Bar
Here is an article about me replacing my existing Lightbar Install with a set of Driving Lights and a new Lightbar. All on a Ford Ranger without a Nudgebar or Bull bar Installed.
Please Note – This does require a bit of wiring and electrical knowledge, so if you are unsure seek some assistance.
Parts that I used for this project are:
- First thing you are going to need is one of these Lightbar Number Plate Mounts. I bought mine of Amazon because it was cheaper but you can get them from eBay, Supercheap Auto, Autobarn and Repco.
- Set of XTM Nebula LED 224 Driving Lights that were on special for $50 at the time from BCF. Thanks OzBargain!. Here is a photo to prove it!
- Lightbar. I bought a Enduralight LED Driving Light Kit which included a wiring harness which I used for this install.
- Headlight Harness. I bought a Lightforce Headlight Patch Harness Suits Ford Ranger.
Other items you will need include wiring tools such as soldering iron, some 12V DC cable, cable strippers and cutters.
- I installed the wiring harness into the car and the Headlight Patch Cable. (I didn't wire any of the lights during this process just yet).
- Next was mounting the driving lights to the number plate mount. Due to its width, I only used two of the Driving Light holes and then bolted through. I did need an additional bolt (which was smaller) due to the supplied bolts being very big and not fitting through the plate mount holes.
- I used the supplied mounts for the lightbar and bolted that to the number plate mount.
- I then ran the cabling to the lights to where the cable was best suited. Wiring it up into the wiring harness. Because I had 3 lights running on the 1 Harness, I need to do some additional wiring and cabling. The wiring kit I used from the Lightbar purchase only had 1 light connector.
- Once wired and tested the lights. I fitted the mount back to the number plate spot. This is held in by screws.
- Due to the weight of the driving lights, it wasn't entirely secure. So I used cable sites from the back of the driving light brackets through the grill and secured to the grill which is very sterdy now.