FORScan from an Australian User
How do I use FORScan?
Using FORScan involves the following steps:
- Obtain the software: You can download FORScan from the official website and install it on your computer.
- Connect the OBD-II interface: Connect an OBD-II interface to your computer and your vehicle’s OBD-II diagnostic port.
- Launch FORScan: Launch the FORScan software on your computer and select your vehicle’s make, model, and year.
- Connect to the vehicle: Connect to your vehicle using the OBD-II interface. FORScan will automatically detect your vehicle and display its information.
- Choose a function: Select the function you want to use from the menu. You can view and modify various parameters, such as resetting maintenance intervals, changing lighting configurations, and disabling certain warning messages.
- Apply the changes: Apply any changes you have made to your vehicle’s settings. You will need to restart the vehicle for the changes to take effect.
It is important to note that using FORScan requires a good understanding of your vehicle’s systems and the effects of making changes to various parameters. Improper use of the software can result in damage to your vehicle or unintended consequences. Therefore, it is advisable to carefully read the instructions and documentation before using FORScan, and to seek assistance from the FORScan community or an experienced technician if needed.
FORScan default features include:
- Detect vehicle on-board network configuration
- Read and reset Diagnostic Trouble Codes from all modules (see list of supported modules). These include Engine, Body and ABS faults.
- Reading of modules’ sensors’ data
- Run test diagnostic procedures
- Run service procedures
- Reprogram new keys
- Injector Coding
- Adjusting PIDS if you put in a long-range fuel tank
- Change advance settings such as activating line locker mode on Mustangs
What makes FORScan unique?
FORScan is unique in a number of ways compared to other diagnostic tools for Ford vehicles:
- Wide Range of Supported Vehicles: FORScan supports a wide range of Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury vehicles, including older models that may not be covered by other diagnostic tools.
- Advanced Features: FORScan provides access to a range of advanced features and parameters that are not normally available through the vehicle’s onboard interface or traditional diagnostic tools. This includes the ability to reset service intervals, change lighting configurations, and adjust other settings.
- User-Friendly Interface: FORScan has a user-friendly interface that makes it easy for even non-technical users to access and modify various settings in their vehicle.
- Regular Updates: FORScan is regularly updated with new features and support for newer Ford vehicles, ensuring that users always have access to the latest diagnostic and adjustment capabilities.
- Community Support: FORScan has a strong and active community of users who provide support and share information, making it a valuable resource for Ford owners.
These features, along with its affordability, make FORScan a popular choice among Ford owners and enthusiasts who are looking for more control and customization over their vehicles.